Hollywood actor, Jonathan Majors is having one of those lows in his career as he has lost a string of lucrative and high-profile deals since he was first accused of assaulting his girlfriend, Grace Jabbari in March 2023.
The 34-year-old actor was considered one of the fastest-rising stars in Hollywood after playing a role in Creed III, Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania and Loki.
They were also speculations that he was being considered for the role of Otis Redding in the biopic Otis and Zelma.
In addition to the movie roles, he was able to secure major endorsement deals with the US Army and MLB’s Texas Rangers.
However, Majors was found guilty in a Manhattan court on Monday of assault and aggravated harassment.
Almost immediately after he was pronounced guilty, Marvel and Disney announced that they would no longer be working with him.
He was acquitted of one count of assault despite pleading not guilty of the charges.
Before his first arrest, a US Army recruitment campaign launched featuring Majors. However, the ads were taken down on March 26 pending investigations into the charges against him.
According to The Hollywood Reporter, Jonathan Majors was hired for the ads because of his appeal to the Generation Z.
Less than a month later, it was reported by Variety that Majors was sacked by his talent agency, Entertainment 360.
He was said to have also lost his public relations (PR) team at the Lede Company around this time.
The Hollywood actor also missed out on a prestigious ticket to the Met Gala as a guest of popular Italian fashion brand, Valentino, though it was a ‘mutual agreement’ that he would not attend the A-list event.
Major League Baseball’s Texas Rangers also cut him from an advertising deal about this time.
The actor had spent formative years in the Dallas area and was a huge fan of the team.
Major was also dropped from upcoming movie, The Man in My Basement, an adaptation of the Walter Mosley novel and his role is already being recast.
It has also being reported that he will no longer star in Otis and Zelma, the Otis Redding biopic.
The actor who graduated from Yale School of Drama also starred as a troubled amateur bodybuilder in Magazine Dreams, which made an acclaimed debut at the Sundance Film Festival in January and was set to open in theaters this December.
Disney-owned distributor Searchlight Pictures removed Magazine Dreams from its release calendar ahead of Majors trial.
Before he was arrested, the actor had been on track to become a central figure throughout the Marvel Cinematic Universe, playing the antagonist role of Kang.
He had already appeared in Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania and the first two seasons of Loki. He was to feature in Avengers: The Kang Dynasty, dated for release in May 2026.
He was said to have been removed from the Gotham Film and Media Institute board and the Sidney Poitier initiative, although at the time of writing, his name still appears as a member on the their website.
The Hollywood actor whose credits include The Last Black Man in San Francisco, Devotion, and Da 5 Bloods, was considered one of the fastest-rising stars in Hollywood.
Majors’ sentencing is set for Feb. 6. He is likely to spend up to a year in jail for the assault.